Congratulations on your decision to take the next step in your relationship.
There is a lot to consider when planning your wedding day and the tasks ahead of you may seem a little bit daunting. There’s the legal paperwork and identification process; the lodgement of various forms; deciding the wedding party; the location; the music & flowers; and then, there’s the big day itself – where you want to have a ceremony that is a truly wonderful occasion filled with much joy and happiness. Rest assured, for as an experienced celebrant, my role is to make the whole process as easy as possible for you. I will ensure that everything is legally compliant; and that you get that dream ceremony that you so desire.
The first step to start the process is to let me know your intended marriage date so that I can check my calendar for availability.
In Australia, the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form is the initial legal document that must be completed and lodged with your celebrant. Under subsection 42(5) of the Marriage Act, (assuming normal circumstances) the NOIM must be provided to myself at least one calendar month prior to the date of the wedding and not more than 18 months before the wedding date. There may be a reason for the granting of a shortening of time if you believe that you have reasonable grounds. Speak with me and I will advise the process.
What should we have (or attempt to have) at our first meeting?
- Your original Birth Certificate (not a photocopy).
- A driver’s licence/ passport or other photo id.
- Documents to show dissolution of previous marriage (i.e. divorce paper, or death certificate).
…And all of the wonderful ideas that you have for your marriage ceremony.
At this first meeting we will complete the NOIM and commence the discussion on your wedding ceremony content. I like to start with a blank piece of paper and listen to your ideas. Together we will build something that is beautiful and memorable.
What Do You Provide?
- Meeting with yourselves to complete paper work & design your ceremony.
- 40+ page “Planning Your Special Day” information booklet specifically written by myself to assist with your planning.
- Lodgement of Notice of Intended Marriage Form, statutory declarations & other legal documentation.
- All Follow-up meetings (as many as it takes).
- Personalised Written Ceremony Content.
- Rehearsal – if requested (at your venue or any other place you may choose).
- Administration & Documentation of Marriage Registration with Births, Deaths, Marriages Registrar.
- Solemnisation of Marriage & Ceremonial Duties on the Day.
- All related Travel (up to 100 km -return journey- from Celebrant’s residence).
- Special printed & bound Copy of your Wedding Ceremony.
- Presentation Certificate of Marriage.
- Additional Certificates for any Flower girls or people who you would like to have acknowledged.
- PA system for standard event, which as a complimentary service you can arrange to play your own choice of music.
- Absolute confidentiality, security, and non-disclosure of your information.
- Also available are: Red Carpet, White Satin Bali Flags, Signing Table.
What is Relationship Counselling & the Stronger Relationship Trial?
You may have heard the announcement that from 1 July 2014, the Federal Government will provide $200 vouchers to all committed couples over 18 which can be used for sessions on key issues such as marriage, parenting, conflict resolution and financial management.
Relationship education and counselling can help couples cope with changes and challenges, such as moving in together, getting married, having a baby, or managing their money. Importantly, it equips couples with the skills to deal with challenges before they become big issues.
The Trial period is open for 1 year for the first 100,000 couples who register. To apply you need to click on the Couples Registration on the Department of Social Services website.
At our initial meeting, I will provide you with Relationship Counselling material and a printed copy of this Happily-Ever Before & After document which provides information for couples planning to marry.