A Renewal of Marriage Vows (or Re-affirmation) ceremony can be a perfect way to celebrate your marriage.
The reasons can be varied, you may want to:
- Declare your continuing love with family & friends.
- Celebrate a special anniversary.
- Celebrate because you were married overseas, or interstate & now want to share with family & friends.
- Celebrate because you eloped and now you want to share your union with others.
- Reaffirm your love following a particularly difficult time in your lives to show your continued commitment to remain strong.
Whatever the reason, these ceremonies may be public or private, intimate or large, exotic or casual, simple or grand scale, and can include your family and friends within the ceremony content. You can surprise your guests and even your partner with this type of celebration (although it is nice when both of you can decide on your Re-Affirmation Vows). Some children even arrange a renewal of vows ceremony as a surprise* with a special wedding anniversary milestone.
The ceremony is the affirmation of your commitment to one another and is an expression of your love & devotion to each other. It is a celebration of your marriage, family, and life shared together. It is personalised in content to reflect your journey travelled thus far, and those years still yet to be travelled. As you Renew your Wedding Vows, you are reconfirming the love which brought you together in the first instance and the growth of this love, trust, and faith, which has continued in strength.
Typically, there are no rules to the content and style as every ceremony will be unique and as varied as you are and will reflect the elements and symbolism that has meaning and importance to you.
* A marriage is not valid where one party surprises the other without their knowledge & presents them with a ceremony as a romantic gesture, as their consent to marriage must not be assumed (as per the Marriage Act & Guidelines). However, a renewal of vows ceremony is a declaration of love & reaffirmation of your marriage where the element of surprise is acceptable.
This Ceremony is an excellent opportunity to invite friends and family to witness and celebrate the occasion.
Let me help you to make your special day: the one that creates all those wonderful memories to look back on.