Celebrate the love you hold between you and your life partner.
- Shout it out loud with the revelation of a commitment ceremony.
- Share it with family and friends to demonstrate the truth of your commitment, or
- Have an intimate ceremony between the two of you.
A Commitment Ceremony is the celebration of your love and the validation that you pledge to each other your union as a couple, to the exclusion of all others.
Whilst marriages in Australia between couples other than a man and a woman are not legally recognised, a commitment ceremony enables same sex partners to commit themselves to each other. A commitment ceremony may also be held between two people of different genders who are unable to be married for various reasons. The ceremony is very similar in format and style to that of a marriage with a Commitment Certificate being signed by the couple and their witnesses.
Every ceremony is structured to reflect and express your love and loyalty. This is done through the making of promises to each other and mutual declarations to meet your needs as a couple who cannot legally marry, but wish to formalise the union.
At our first meeting we will discuss and plan your ceremony content. I like to start with a blank piece of paper and listen to your ideas – together we will build something that is beautiful & memorable.
My fee is all inclusive and contains the following (i.e. there are no hidden extra costs)
- Meeting with yourselves to design and create your ceremony.
- 30+ page “Planning Your Special Day – Commitments” information booklet specifically written by myself to assist with your planning.
- All Follow-up meetings (as many as it takes).
- Personalised Written Ceremony Content.
- Rehearsal (if requested at the venue or other place you choose) .
- Ceremonial Duties on the Day.
- All related Travel (up to 100 km -return journey- from Celebrant’s residence).
- Special printed & bound Copy of your Ceremony.
- Presentation Certificate of Commitment.
- Additional Certificates for any flower girls / boys, or other people you would like to have acknowledged.
- PA system for standard event, which as a complimentary service you can arrange to play your own choice of music.
- Absolute confidentiality, security, and non-disclosure of your information.
- Also available are: Red Carpet, White Satin Bali Flags, Signing Table.
This Ceremony is an excellent opportunity to invite friends and family to witness and celebrate the occasion.
Let me help you to make your special day: the one that creates all those wonderful memories to look back on.